Tuesday, January 29, 2013

First Loves

There is something about your first love. You never forget, and you always compare every guy you meet to that one amazing person, who lets be honest, at 18 was probably not that amazing. I've always had a sentiment for first loves. It all seems so romantic, no holding back, no hesitation, just head first, and full on. Thinking, no knowing for certain, that this is the person who you will be spending the rest of your life with. Everything is a first, first touch, first calls, first birthday present, valentines day, Christmas. First time getting caught behind the church together, (that might have just been me) But really no matter what your experience we can all agree it was fun. Not without its awkward moments, but so thrillingly fun!

For most people first kisses go hand in hand with first loves, my experience in this area was different because of a fun little book that was extremely popular among Christians in those days called, 'I kissed dating goodbye'. I now hate and loath this book, but at the time it was gospel to me and so the kisses I wanted never happened. My first kiss came a few years later. I made the mistake of not telling the boy who was doing the kissing that this was my first time, because at 22 I thought that was a little bit embarrassing. (Ok fine I was 24) I had some sort of delusion that maybe he wouldn't notice that I had no idea what I was doing. As it was he never did guess that it was my first time, he simply looked at me funny and said, "Is it my breath, should I go find some gum?"  I'm no expert in this area, as I've just proved, but I don't think this comment meant it was an amazing kiss. The fabulous thing about the whole thing is that I remember every detail of my first love, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the boy who was my first kiss. I do remember he was Canadian, and he had blue eyes.... I think he had blue eyes. And it didn't end all bad, he did eventually find that gum......

First loves and first kisses, I'm feeling very sentimental today.

No comments:

Post a Comment