Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Years Things To Do

I believe every single person reaches an age where they are just so tired of "the game". By 'the game' I mean the boy/girl, birds/bees, dating/dumping, like/love/hate/ and creeper game. (The creeper one might just be me...?) This game was scary when we were 12, fun when we were teenagers, and maybe too much fun in our early twenties. But when a person reaches their thirties, I believe, they are ready to be done. Its not quite as much fun trying to figure out what some guy meant by something he said or did, or didn't say or didn't do. Your married friends start to think you are immature when you are giggling about a boy who made eye contact with you when your 32.  It just becomes maddening. Which is why my New Years Resolution is to date more!

You may be wondering how my brain got there, and I expected you to be wondering that, so let me tell you. Have you ever noticed that our new years resolutions are things we hate to do? Its never I will eat more ice cream, or get more massages. I will skip work more often and eat in less. No they are things like, I will clean my toilets every week and run 4 miles per day. I will spend less money on shoes and lose 15 pounds. Well this is how I got there. I also need to date more. My new years resolution list might as well be called, 'list of things to do that I hate'.

So bring it on friends, I am ready to be set up with boys, I will not be picky except they can not be married and must be within 15 years of my age. But you'd better hurry with your set ups, my new years resolutions have a way of fizzling out......

1 comment:

  1. I have just the guy. He's not cute or stable or funny or working, but he's unmarried and within 15 years of your age.

    ReplyDelete